The acai bowl trend is coming back to my kitchen this summer! Raphael and I are loving these thick, creamy, energizing bowls to start our day. They taste like summer! And are so quick and easy. The perfect fit for our busy lifestyles and healthy eating habits.
Acai bowls are great with the weather is getting hot again. They are so refreshing, but also filling, more than just a typical smoothie. Plus, acai is of the most nutritious fruits in the world! Its a welcomed change from the chilly winter mornings and my obsession with Brown Rice Porridge!
Acai berry and your health:
– Very High in Antioxidants
– Boosts Skin Health
– Protective against the damaging effects of stress
– Increases energy
– Help Control Your Appetite and Boost Weight Loss
Acai is even richer in protective antioxidants than cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries or the goji berry. They surprisingly contain some electrolytes, trace minerals, amino acids, and even small amounts of essential fatty acids.
For this recipe I used Amazonia Acai, with a few more simple ingredients: frozen banana, collagen hemp mix powder, water, and frozen berries.
For the toppings, I used Alt Saints Paleo 4 seed Granola (omg drool!), Noya Almond Butter, frozen blueberries, and chia seeds. Get creative and add your favourites: Goji berries, hemp seeds, bee pollen, coconut flakes etc etc.
Hope you all have wonderful week. Looking forward to sharing more goodness with you soon!
Thick, creamy, energizing and delicious acai bowls to start the day. The perfect fit for a busy lifestyles and healthy eating.
- 2 x 100g frozen acai pulp
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1-2 scoops of your go-to protien powder
- 100ml water (or almond milk)
- Handful of frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 2 tablespoons your favourite berries
- Your favourite superfoods 🙂
- Blend everything (except toppings) together in a blender. Texture is everything, your aiming for a thick, creamy ice cream consistency.
- Spoon into bowls and add your favourite toppings.