Here’s the truth, I am probably the biggest chocolate lover on the planet. And these chocolatey Almond Butter Cups get my approval.
Seriously, I am not kidding about my chocolate obsession. I even have a massive collection of craft chocolate packaging from ones I’ve eaten to remind myself of all the goods. Once I started my own chocolate business due to my obsession – yep, the chocolate love is real friends! So when I was brainstorming for sugar free recipes for the keto series, I knew I had to include some amazing chocolatey treats – like these Almond Butter Cups! They are to die for!
These Almond Butter Cups tick all the boxes, containing only good-for-you ingredients and zero sugar! They are packed with anti-oxidants, iron, magnesium, calcium and fiber, and are a source of both serotonin and tryptophan, two of the key ‘good mood’ chemicals.
These Almond Butter Cups are perfect to make for a busy week ahead, and are an excellent alternative to store bough chocolates and sweet treats. They are also incredibly rich and filling, so you wont be tempted to eat them all at once!
Ingredients you will need:
- Coconut oil
- Cacao/cocoa powder
- Sugar substitute of choice – I like liquid stevia or monk fruit, which also contains antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory effects
- Almond butter – can sub for raw peanut butter
- Sea salt
Enjoy your dark, chocolaty treat, you wont regret it!
This is one of my new favorites, and I love that that there’s no guilt attached! If you love this recipe as much as I do, please rate and review the recipe below 🙂
Treat yo' self with these EASY, rich and decadent Almond Butter Cups, that actually contain lots of goodness. Made with five simple ingredients and zero sugar - no guilt attached!
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- 40g cacao powder
- 6-9 drops liquid stevia (more or less to taste) or 2 tablespoons of monk fruit
- pinch of sea salt, plus extra for topping
- Almond Butter or raw peanut butter
- Mix the coconut oil, cacao, sweetener and sea salt together in a bowl. Dont forget to save half of the cocoa mix for the tops! Pour a small amount of the cacao mixture (1-2 tablespoons) into small paper/ silicon cups, about 1/3 full. Put in the fridge to set for 15-30 min.
- Once set, drop 2-3 teaspoons of the almond butter into the center of each cup. This time place in the freezer to set, around 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and pour the remaining cocoa mix amongst the cups. Sprinkle with a few salt flaked, then return to the freezer for another 5-10 minutes, or until its set solid.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Users Rating (5)
- recipe rating5