There are few things that take you back to childhood as quickly as the bright yellow box and the jingle of “Just Like a Chocolate Milkshake, Only Crunchy!”. These better-for-you Home Made Coco Pops are SO EASY, and contain only 4 simple ingredients. They are gluten and refined sugar free.
Cocoa Krispies, Choco Krispis, Choco Krispies, Coco Pops, Choco Pops!
So yes, I made my favorite childhood cereal into something a little more healthy. And yes, they are as delicious, crunchy, sweet, and wholesome!
Raphael and I have been eating oatmeal cookies basically since we starting dating – like nearly 3 years ago! Its oat cookies, pancakes or omelets. And there is only so many times (years!) that you can wake up to the same meals…Every. Single. Day.
Hence introducing Coco Pops.
Traditional Coco Pops – the healthy breakfast choice? Not so much, primarily because of its high sugar content. Home made Coco Pops – muchhhh much better!
I found the perfect puff base at my local supermarket, a gluten free blend made of organic puffed buckwheat, sorghum & brown rice. Add in a little bit of honey, cocoa powder and a sprinkle of salt, and then things start to get a tiny bit desserty!
If you’re like me and you love those kinds of crunchy, salty-sweet things, this is your recipe. Epic chocolatey fun for everyone.
Home Made Coco PopsCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
The ultimate chocolatey breakfast. These better-for-you Coco Pops are SO EASY, and contain only 4 simple ingredients. They are gluten and refined sugar free.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until the puffs are well coated.
- Spread evenly onto the baking tray and bake for 7 minutes. Turn once and bake for a further 8 minutes. Always keep an eye on them as the puffs can burn really easily!
- To make it more nutritious, serve with your favorite milk/nut mylk, berries and nuts.
- I like to serve mine with greek yogurt, blueberries and almond butter!
Users Rating (10)
- recipe rating5