Yes, magic can be done in the sacred space of your kitchen, with common yet potent ingredients and energies, you can create incredible recipes for magical purposes – like this Magic Water. This isn’t anything new or woo-woo, in fact cooking and magic have long been included in rituals, traditions, ancient teachings, herbalism and folk healing for thousands of years.
Natural foods have unique nutritional properties and energetic elements, each with their own characteristics, qualities, and powers. Unfortunately, with the industrial revolution and mainstream pharmaceuticals, the common knowledge of healing foods, magic and alchemy is gradually being lost.
Every natural ingredient has unique magical properties. Some are so common that you probably have them in your kitchen already.
Let me introduce you to Magic Water, one of the most easiest ways to elevate your day and to bring magic into your life.
Water is essential for life, with just about every organ or system in our bodies depending on it. Water is a feminine element, and an element of emotions, healing, purification, intuition, and renewal. In folklore, it is believed to be sacred, infused with healing properties.
This is how I start my day. This magical water elixir is made with water, lemon juice, peppermint, rosemary, and salt. It’s the most powerful way to wake up, cleanse your body and set your intentions. The salt’s minerals dissolve in the water to add medicinal properties, while the peppermint and rosemary boosts mood, awareness, and concentration.
Renewal, cleansing, creativity, clarity, emotions, self-healing, purification, vitality, and reflection.
Prevents dehydration, nutrient and oxygen transport, supports digestion and detoxification, reduces hunger and improves your skin, eye and hair appearance.
Making magic water or magic tea is simple, and you can basically follow the same recipe for each herb or plant, with a few changes depending on the type and what nutritional properties and energetic elements you want. The ritual in itself is very therapeutic and health-promoting.
1. Find a sacred and quiet space to sit.
2. Think of your day ahead and set an intention (the water needs to be imprinted with your specific intention energy). An intention can be as simple as one-word, or a feeling, e.g., joyfulness, or a big goal your working on. It can also be something that’s been bothering you and you want to eliminate.
3. Stir your water clockwise to manifest your positive intention, or anticlockwise to eliminate something you want gone from your life.
4. Visualize your intention while sipping your tea.
Want more magical recipes? Follow me on Instagram and sign up to my newsletter below to stay updated on the release of my new book, Practical Kitchen Magic. This is a beautiful treasury of delicious, mystical recipes that combine folklore, science and magic for everyday health and wellness.
This magical water elixir is made with water, lemon juice, peppermint, rosemary,
and salt. It’s the most powerful way to start your day, to cleanse your body
and set your intentions.
- 250ml pure or filtered water
- Fresh juice from ½ lemon
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 5-6 fresh rosemary leaves
- Sprinkle of sea, Celtic or Himalayan salt
- In a mug, add the lemon, mint,
rosemary, and salt. Boil the water and pour over the ingredients. Add in some
cool water to reduce the heat.
- Find a sacred and quiet space to sit. Think of your day ahead and set an intention. The water needs to be imprinted with your specific intention energy. An intention
can be as simple as one-word, or even a feeling, e.g., joyfulness.
- Stir your water clockwise to manifest your positive intention, or anticlockwise to eliminate something you want gone from your life.
- Visualize your intention while drinking.
If you prefer a cooler drink, omit the mint and rosemary, and drink your
water at room temperature.
More delicious recipes: