Let me introduce you to the delicious homemade maca and mushroom chocolate. Decadent, smooth, sweet and full of goodness. I love the simplicity of this recipe, simple yet full of powerful medicinal ingredients. The real issue is how not to eat the whole batch in one sitting!
Maca: an “adaptogen, which helps the body naturally adapt to stress. It makes you feel awake and more energized.
Mushrooms: I also use a powdered mushroom blend, containing Reishi, Lions Mane, shiitaki, Chaga, Maitake, Cordyceps. Mushrooms have been used in ancient herbal medicine traditions for centuries. They create a sense of wellbeing, focus, and natural mood boost, amongst many more health benefits.
Cacao: One of my favourite foods, full of antioxidants, minerals, and even some fiber. It has such an array of health benefits, including promoting good gut bacterial growth, lowers the risk of developing heart disease, improves mood, increases focus and so much more!
Bursting with goodness from cacao, mushrooms, and maca. Ridiculously delish!
- 1.5 tablespoons mushroom powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tabelspoon maca powder
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Place the mushroom mix, cinnamon, maca, salt and cacao in a bowl and mix.
- In a saucepan, melt the oil and butter.
- Once melted, add in the honey, then pour the mix into the dry ingredients.
- Pour into chocolate molds (or a baking tray for bark). Put into the fridge for a few hours to set.