I love dessert and there’s no way in my quest for good health that I could ever seriously not have my daily chocolate fix. Yes you can still indulge in dessert and no you don’t have to feel guilty about it.
I made these brownies for my family get together. I was in charge of bringing the dessert and there was going to be a number of vegans present – so it had to be dairy free. Yes I could have just taken my ice cream, but its winter and I felt like a little magic of chocolate would go a long way!
These sweet potato brownies are light, fresh and nutritious, but incredibly tasty.
SWEET POTATO FUDGE BROWNIESCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Fudgy, chocolatey brownies that are gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan, and seriously tasty. Delicious on its own, but amazing with coconut ice cream!
1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup coconut nectar, honey, maple syrup or raw sugar syrup
4 tbsp. cold-pressed extra-virgin coconut oil
2 tbsp. almond butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup flour – gluten free, oat flour, or regular flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
optional – macadamias, chopped coarsely
- In a large bowl, add the sugar syrup, coconut oil, almond butter, and vanilla to sweet potatoes and stir to combine.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until completely combined and the batter is thick and cream.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper on all sides. Spoon in the brownie batter and spread it all the way to the edges in an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing into approx. 16 brownies.
- These brownies are super delicious served warm with some coconut ice cream!
Users Rating (1)
- recipe rating5